The Pilgrim Trust, supported by The National Archives has commissioned Janice Tullock Associates to evaluate the impact of the National Cataloguing Grants Programme and review the future direction of the scheme. Since 2006 the programme has awarded over £3.8 million in 124 grants to improve access to archive collections. Collections awarded funding include archives of charities, councils, scientists, companies, politicians, hospitals, publishers and faith organisations.
The Cataloguing Grants Programme aims to :
- Support and enable access to archive collections that are of the greatest significance and evidential value
- Enable wider activities based on documentary heritage.
- Aid organisations in supporting sustainable improvement of their archival provision in line with the Archives Accreditation Standard.
- Achieve clear public benefit and value for money
This review will gather evidence to :
- Identify the impact of the programme over the previous ten years.
- Identify the needs and ambitions of the sector in relation to cataloguing
- Uncover changing needs of users in relation to cataloguing and accessing collections information
- Data from this survey will be used to complete the programme review and to makes any changes to the programme.
Details relating to individual projects or services will be kept confidential to the research team and not shared unless agreed with the respondent.
We really value your feedback and all views will be fed into discussions on the future of the programme.
Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/natcatgrants to participate.
Wanted: People interested in exhibitions, archives and heritage
We need you to help us plan a new heritage experience at Silverstone.
We’d like to thank you with a £10 Amazon voucher if you can help us.
We are planning a new heritage experience which will showcase heritage treasures and bring you closer to the action at Silverstone and we’d like your input. If you aren’t a regular visitor to the Silverstone Circuit and can spare an hour and a half to join our discussion at 10am on 8th September 2015 we’d love you to join us. This event is aimed at adults with an interest in heritage.
This is part of Silverstone’s plans to develop a new heritage experience which will provide learning programmes, public facilities, volunteering opportunities and exhibitions, so that more people can explore, access and enjoy the heritage of the circuit and site.
If you are interested the session will give you an opportunity to look at items from the archive collection & explore the story of Silverstone, from its earliest days as a Priory site, through to its role in the Second World War and on to the establishment of the circuit. The collections include:-
We have limited capacity for this event so please email email@example.com with the subject Silverstone or call 07912115045 by 1st September to book your place.
If you are interested in getting involved and adding your views we would love to hear from you.
The event will take place at: BRDC Farmhouse, Silverstone Circuit, Towcester, Northamptonshire NN12 8TN